Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd
The Sunday Age City2Sea presented by Westpac: City2Sea Prize Pack Competition
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a Game of Skill.
2. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, and their associated agencies and companies connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
3. Entry is open to Victorian residents only.
4. The competition commences on October 7, 2016 at 9:00am (AEDT) and concludes on November 15, 2016 at 11:59pm (AEDT)
5. Entrants must be 18 years or over to enter. Proof of age may be required to claim the prize
6. Entrants in the competition may only enter once.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
9. Entries must be received by 11:59pm (AEDT) on November 19 2016 to be eligible for the draw.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
11. To enter, entrants must register in the race via thecity2sea.com.au and then take a photo of themselves (or with family/friends) training for the city2sea and post to social media on either Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #city2seatraining
12. There will be one (1) major prize winner who will receive:
a. Two Platinum Passes to the Sunday Age City2Sea presented by Westpac 2016 including entry into the VIP after party tent in the finish area after the race valued at $240
b. 1 x Virgin Active 1 month membership valued at $295
c. 1 x Pair of adidas pure boost shoes valued at $180
d. SKINS product to the value of $250
Total value = $965
13. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the major prize should they be chosen as the winner. The winner release the promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the major prize or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize.
14. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
15. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
16. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
17. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
18. Each valid entrant who has registered in the event and posted a photo using the hashtag #city2seatraining, over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the competition and judged.
19. One (1) valid entrant will who has posted the best photo as deemed by Fairfax Media will become the winner. The draw will take place at Wharf 10, 52 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009, on November 16, 2016 at 2pm (AEDT).
20. The winner will be notified in writing within 2 days of the draw.
21. The winner will be announced publicly on the official City Run Series Facebook page.
22. The prize will only be awarded to the entrant holder.
23. The prize will be deemed to be accepted once Fairfax Media and the winner have established contact and the promoter has verified any details deemed necessary in accordance with these terms.
24. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
25. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all matters is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
26. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
27. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize judging will take place at Wharf 10, 52 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009, on November 18, 2016 at 2pm (AEDT). The winner will be notified on the day of the judging. The winner will be notified of their prize by phone and writing.
28. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
30. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
31. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
32. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
34. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd, (ABN: 33 003 357 720) of 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009.